We are excited to partner with River City Wood Design to make custom furniture design available to our customers. We love having such a diverse customer base to supply, and as our business grows, we are thrilled to supply the demand for custom furniture. We work directly with each customer to craft you a custom piece of heirloom furniture that will last a lifetime. RCWD is proud of a large portfolio of different types commercial and residential projects, showcasing a few recent projects below. We specialize in tabletops for traditional and live edge wood projects including conference tables, countertops, dining and kitchen tables, restaurant and bar tables, and more. Feel free to reach out directly to Marwood to consult River City Wood Design for your custom piece today or visit the River City Wood Design website at https://www.rcwooddesign.com
Announcing River City Wood Design, Offering Affordable Custom Handmade Wooden Furniture to Residents Throughout Louisville, Kentucky and Southern Indiana
The River City Wood Design website features additional information about the craftsmen and a large gallery of images of past custom built, handmade wooden furniture.
(PRLEAP.COM) March 13, 2019 – While working at Marwood Manufacturing in Jeffersonville, IN, Charles Gorman saw potential in the hardwood being milled by the company. In large part, this was because he was fielding an increasing number of demands for finished hardwood products including tables, bar tops, countertops, and other custom furniture designs. He was also studying business and engineering at the University of Louisville, with a strong interest in entrepreneurship. Combining the opportunity at Marwood with his interest in business, Charles fine-tuned his strategic plan. This included partnering with two talented colleagues, Clayton Jackson, and Trevor Black, to launch River City Wood Design.
In operation since 2018, River City Wood Design offers custom created wooden furniture pieces to those interested in having a unique piece of furniture in their home or business. While mainly serving the Greater Louisville area, River City Wood Design has also completed projects for individuals and companies in Lexington, KY; Cincinnati, OH; Indianapolis, IN; Chicago, IL; and more. The company’s website features a gallery of past projects River City Wood Design has completed. Interested customers can see multiple tables produced by River City Wood Design as well as an impressive bar top, live edge wooden kitchen countertops, and a built-in kitchenette. The unique pieces created by River City Wood Design come from the shared passion the partners have for woodworking, engineering custom designs to please their customers, and representing their beloved city of Louisville, Kentucky.
One thing that makes River City Wood Design so unique is their partnership with Marwood Manufacturing. In business since 1955, Marwood Manufacturing is a second-generation family-owned hardwood manufacturing company that specializes in sustainable and reclaimed woods. Marwood provides the River City team with a selection of the finest hardwoods on the market. This ensures each unique piece is of the highest quality. In addition to having easy access to the finest hardwoods in the world, River City Wood Design only builds its custom furniture designs out of grounded timber. This means that every custom piece of furniture crafted by River City Wood Design is made out of trees that are already on the ground, so no live trees are harmed during the building process. By being a sustainable company, River City Wood Design honors Mother Nature as much as they honor each of their customers which makes their custom built, handmade pieces even more noteworthy.
River City Wood Design, located at 2901 Hamburg Pike in Jeffersonville, Indiana, is open Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. and Saturdays from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. Customers interested in learning more about River City Wood Design can visit their website where the company features:
- Additional information about the team behind River City Wood Design including how the company got started, their partnership with Marwood Manufacturing in Jeffersonville, IN, and the process they use to approach the design and development of every piece of custom built handmade wooden furniture to come out of the shop.
- A gallery of pieces that have been previously created by River City Wood Design. Within the gallery, interested parties can see handmade bar tops, pub tables, dining room tables, built-in kitchenette fixtures, conference tables, live edge table tops, and live edge wooden counter tops featured in a customer’s kitchen.
- A blog managed by the three team members of River City Wood Design. On the blog, the team shares custom-made projects and the details that went into the design, creation, and execution of each project. Currently, website visitors can learn more about an 8′ long black walnut, live edge conference table River City Wood Design completed for a customer and a white oak, live edge slabbed table top made using reclaimed White Oak that was commissioned by a local Louisville restaurant.
- A list of frequently asked questions for potential customers to review prior to ordering. Through the frequently asked questions, those interested in a custom-built piece of furniture from River City Wood Design can learn how the team fills cracks and knots in their pieces, the wood finishes RCWD prefers to use when sealing their creations, the species of wood that the team enjoys working with, the moisture content of the wooden slabs used in design creation, and much more.
- A contact page where those interested in learning more, getting a project estimate, or discussing the possibilities of a custom project can reach out to River City Wood Design. The page features a convenient form that website visitors can use to submit inquiries as well as additional contact and location information.
While the River City Wood Design craftsmen currently specialize in handmade dining room tables, conference room tables, and bar tables, they are open to helping any customer’s design ideas come to life. The team is able to create custom built pieces using both live edge wood and square edge wood depending on their client’s preferences. Those interested in learning more about River City Wood Design or getting a quote on a custom built, handmade piece of wooden furniture can visit the River City Wood Design website to get more information or contact the team directly at (502) 442-9996. Interested customers can also stay up-to-date with River City Wood Design on Facebook or on Instagram where they update their feeds with behind the scene details as well as finished products.
About River City Wood Design
River City Wood Design has been creating custom built, handmade pieces of furniture for Louisville, Kentucky and surrounding areas since 2018. The craftsmen behind River City Wood Design specialize in creating handmade dining room tables, conference tables, bar tables, and more. Located in Jeffersonville, IN, River City Wood Design shares a 17,000 square foot facility with Marwood Manufacturing and Marwood Slabs — two other local businesses with over 60 years of experience in the hardwood industry. The close connection with Marwood Manufacturing allows River City Wood Design to use the finest wood selections in their creations and produce top of the line, unique wooden furniture.
To get additional information about River City Wood Design, call (502) 442-9996 and speak to one of the craftsmen at River City Wood Design.